What is NEAT?
NEAT is a federation of professional associations that serves the interests of educators throughout Tasmania. Membership of NEAT is open to all education associations. The contact details are:
What does NEAT do?
NEAT has an important advocacy role and keeps members informed of national and state issues. NEAT offers members contact with the broader educational community and provides opportunities to share issues of common interest. NEAT has access to national projects that provide funding to support the work of member associations.
NEAT members can receive insurance benefits at significantly reduced rates. This provides essential cover for workshops and conferences. For details, contact the NEAT Secretary.
Why you should belong to NEAT?
NEAT has a history of providing support to professional associations. NEAT is continually working towards improving the status of educators and advocating on their behalf. For NEAT to act on behalf of all associations, it is vital that there is strong membership.
Current NEAT Executive
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Jill Abell
Dr Julie Rimes
[Some NEAT Member Associations have yet to confirm nominations or interest in the management committee – the 2018 AGM will be held in March/April]
The Network of Education Associations of Tasmania Inc (NEAT) serves the interests of educators throughout Tasmania. Membership of NEAT is open to all education associations.
NEAT has an important advocacy role. It provides contact with the broader educational community and communication lines to the government. NEAT has access to national projects that provide funding to support the work of member associations.
NEAT members can access public liability insurance for workshops and conferences at significantly reduced rates. However, this insurance does not cover students involved in activities and conference venues usually require sighting of a certificate of currency.
Membership runs for 12 months from April 1 each year. Membership fees are currently $120 per year. Insurance is $300 per year but can change depending on the number of associations that wish to access it.
- automatic membership of the Australian Joint Council of Professional Teaching Associations (APTA)
- public liability insurance at a reduced rate
- NEAT news online and APTA briefings
- part of a strong network to advocate on behalf of the teaching profession
- access to professional learning and information sessions
- access to the latest information about projects and funding from government through the website and list serve
- regular opportunities to meet with other educators to exchange ideas and issues
- invitation to advertise events on the APTA calendar
©2018 Network of Education Associations of Tasmania Inc